The Director, Strategic Investments oversees effective risk underwriting, M&A structuring and portfolio management in support of Amp’s growing clean energy development and long-term strategy globally. The Director will play a critical role in guiding and mentoring Analysts and Sr. Analysts through various deal types and with their professional development. The Director also plays a central role on the Investments team in optimizing the capital through the guidance and support provided to regional teams regarding submissions for Investment Committee review.
Port Credit, ON
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1– Lead efforts in support of strategic investments, including M&A activities and establishing and optimizing long-term asset ownership structures.
2– Effectively lead Analysts and Sr. Analysts, delegating and reviewing their work as well as creating a culture of collaboration in the team. This includes:
- Collaborating with the Senior Vice President to define team operating standards to ensure essential procedures are followed.
- Developing and contributing to a positive working environment by building solid relationships with team members.
- Developing, guiding and coaching junior team members, reviewing their work to help them prioritize and manage multiple tasks.
- Serving as a role model for team members through encouragement and guidance of their professional development.
- Providing technical guidance to Analysts and Associates.
- Guiding the team in the development of new and more sophisticated financial structures that meet the needs of projects within Amp’s portfolio.
3– Support the Regions in their due diligence and preparation of investment applications for consideration by the Investment Committee. This includes:
- Providing market research, financial analysis, modeling and forecasting, and social impact assessments.
- Ensuring teams are aware of the criteria under consideration, and ensuring that financial analysis can address key questions and assumptions (e.g. profitability,return on investment, meet or exceed internal risk and return standards, etc.)
Any other job-related duties and/or projects that may be assigned.
- Masters-level degree in Finance or Business Administration, coupled with the CFA designation
- Minimum of 5 years of direct M&A execution, investment banking or corporate finance experience, preferably in the renewable energy industry or at a service firm (investment banking, research, securities firm, consulting,banking)
- Experience leading transaction due diligence efforts
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Advanced financial analysis skills across different deal disciplines
- Demonstrated experience and affinity in coaching and mentoring less experienced team members
- Outstanding ability to analyze problems and apply quantitative analytical approaches
- Superior oral, written, presentation, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced environment, be accepting to change, and able to effectively manage multiple priorities
- Attention to detail
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and Google
Please send your cover letter and resume to HR@amp.energy
We are committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require accommodation during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however,only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Amp is an Equal Opportunity Employer.