The Director, USA Policy works closely with Amp’s Toronto-based functional groups, US regional team and various external parties to help craft strategy and manage company priorities in the markets that Amp is currently, and may become, invested in to across the USA. This is a critical role within Amp that is central in ensuring the company is making informed decisions on its strategic focus and resource allocations by navigating the ever-changing policy environment to set market investment strategies
SVP, Head of USA
Denver, CO, USA
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Produce reports and summaries for management review on regular intervals that distill lengthy policy documents into decision-making information
- Provide expert advice related to state and federal policies, considering Amp’s resources and structure, to identify attractive investment markets
- Coordinate and manage Amp’s industry association and government relations strategy and participation in the USA
- Act as Amp’s point of contact and responsible employee for all policy initiatives and activities
- Meet with government and policy decision makers to advocate for Amp’s goals and interests
- Analyze new policy announcements including utility IRPs and rule making filings as they are announced ensuring Amp’s management team is aware of all positive-trending proceedings around the US
- Support generation of investment memo packages for new market entry plans
- Interact directly with the necessary internal functions, including development,engineering and execution, project finance and legal
- Research technologies and markets for company to consider for its future strategy
Any other job-related duties and/or projects that may be assigned.
- Post-secondary degree in Public Policy, Business,or related discipline required
- Five or more year’s progressive experience in energy policy
- Strong interpersonal skills and strong work ethic
- Legal eligibility to work in the United States and travel through the United States and Canada
Please send your cover letter and resume to HR@amp.energy
We are committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require accommodation during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at email@example.com.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however,only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Amp is an Equal Opportunity Employer.