Amp is looking to add a senior resource to its team in the role of Vice President,Development, being responsible for planning and executing renewable energy green field development activities for Amp across the US. This role works closely with Amp’s functional groups to analyze policy reports, review financial modeling outputs and assess individual market characteristics to make decisions on new and continuing development activities. This role receives support from Amp’s internal and external resources including policy, engineering, financial modeling, project finance and development. The VP, Development must be able to organize and motivate these teams to provide the necessary information to make informed investment recommendations and manage Amp’s active development portfolio
SVP, Head of USA
Denver, CO, USA
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Grow Amp’s portfolio of renewable energy and storage development projects in the US
- Identify market geographies and segments most valuable to Amp and prepare investment recommendations for senior management review
- Determine the most effective market entry options allocating internal and external resources appropriately
- Identify in-market resources where necessary and negotiate service contracts
- Lead creation of development content necessary for permitting and zoning meetings and approvals
- Present project plans for approval at town meetings for Amp projects underdevelopment
- Originate and negotiate off-take contracts with utilities, coops, municipalities,corporate buyers and others for Amp’s development projects
- Organize and host town hall meetings with different stakeholder groups(landowners, nearby industry, other interested parties)
- Forecast future costs by project and market
Any other job-related duties and/or projects that may be assigned.
- Post-secondary degree in Law, Engineering, Business, or related discipline
- Tenor more years of progressive experience in energy project development and/or construction
- Experience with, and thorough understanding of, the development of utility, commercial and industrial PV and energy storage systems
- Legal eligibility to work in the United States and travel through the US and Canada
Please send your cover letter and resume to HR@amp.energy
We are committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require accommodation during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at email@example.com.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however,only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Amp is an Equal Opportunity Employer.